Re: [opensuse-factory] Is Artistic license permitted in Factory?
Am Mo 26 Sep 2011 18:04:19 CEST schrieb Ilya Chernykh <anixxsus@xxxxxxxxx>:

On Monday 26 September 2011 15:04:24 Ciaran Farrell wrote:

> with some edits. But this page is still under construction (and will
> stay so until the foundation is up and a legal team review it, so for
> a long time :-)
>
> no personal advice about artistic licence :-(

The problems that the FSF (and Fedora) identified with the Artistic 1
license certainly are valid - the license is quite vague and there are
numerous places where more clarity would be helpful. However, the same
is true of many licenses, the FSF's own GPL included. The lack of OSI
approval is another issue that I think weighs more heavily against the
Artistic 1.

According this page it is OSI certified:
http://dev.perl.org/licenses/artistic.html

It was once, but now it is in the "superseded and/or retired" category - the URL says it all:
http://opensource.org/licenses/do-not-use.html