Re: [opensuse-factory] A package fails when building against current Factory
On Fri, 2011-09-23 at 02:17 +0400, Ilya Chernykh wrote:
Hi!

I receive the following error message:

package: arts
SuSEconfig.permissions modified files that are not properly handled!
this will break rpm -V, ask ro for details.
diff for both runs of rpm -V:
+/opt/kde3/bin/artswrapper should be root:root 4755. (wrong permissions 0755)

I actually do not understand what it wants. I tried to change permissions
of /opt/kde3/bin/artswrapper to 4755 but this did not help.

I ran into the same problem on one of my packages. The issue apparently
is that run_permissions is no longer the right thing when handling suid
files.

You can see my package on how we got over this obstacle there:
https://build.opensuse.org/package/rdiff?commit=209&linkrev=base&package=open-vm-tools&project=Virtualization%3AVMware

Dominique