[opensuse-factory] Re: Factory Xorg packages
  • From: Michael Powell <nightrecon@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2011 15:30:37 -0400
Duncan Mac-Vicar P. wrote:
[snip]

Can you try with the latest version as rpm?

osc co X11:Drivers:Video nvidia-gfxG02
cd X11:Drivers:Video/nvidia-gfxG02

chmod +x fetch.sh

# Fetch the tarballs
./fetch

osc build nvidia-gfxG02.spec
<copy output packages somewhere>
osc build x11-video-nvidiaG02.spec
<copy output packages somewhere>

cd somewhere
createrepo .

zypper ar /somewhere nvidia

zypper dup --from nvidia

You can also build them with rpmbuild -bb after fetch if you have
~/.rpmmacros like this:

%topdir /space/packages
%_builddir %{topdir}/build
%_rpmdir %{topdir}/rpms
%_sourcedir %(echo $PWD)
%_specdir %(echo $PWD)
%_srcrpmdir %{topdir}/rpms

That makes rpm find the sources and spec in current directory instead of
/usr/src/packages

Thanks for reply, and sorry for not getting back sooner - I've been
vacationing and traveling. I am not a developer and much of the above is
over my head.

I believe it will either be up to Nvidia to fix their drivers to be
compatible with the newer Xorg releases, or prove that there is a regressive
bug in Xorg and convince them to fix it there.

I have submitted a bug report on this to Nvidia and I am sure they are aware
of it. My purpose for posting here was just to get out some kind of heads-up
to the 12.1 efforts so it doesn't come as a total surprise come release
time. This is a thread on an Nvidia forum concerning the issue:

-Mike