Re: [opensuse-factory] packaging rules
Am Sonntag, 11. September 2011, 12:45:50 schrieb todd rme:
On Sun, Sep 11, 2011 at 12:48 PM, Kim Leyendecker

<kimleyendecker@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Am 11.09.2011 12:28, schrieb Markus Slopianka:
What makes the discussion even more ridiculous is that Packman offers
SWORD without any
problems, just as Packman offers many other packages that violate
openSUSE's packaging
rules.
There is no need to make it part of openSUSE-official.

Hm, a short question to all:

If Packman is delivering it, why should we? In other words: We愉e having a
discussion, a very large discussion about something, that愀 delivered by
some other people who are normally supplier the majority of our
community. I still wonder why I or somebody else didn愒 came up with it
earlier...

Isn't that the whole point of packman, to deliver packages that
violate openSUSE policies? Why can't that argument be made for all
the other packages in packman?

-Todd

Because sometimes it's about things that could be in openSUSE as long as
certain options are not used, bindings not added, libraries excluded...

--
Ralf Lang
Linux Consultant / Developer

B1 Systems GmbH