Re: [opensuse-factory] No global IPv6 addresses
On zondag 4 september 2011 23:45:05 Freek de Kruijf wrote:
On zondag 4 september 2011 17:37:27 Freek de Kruijf wrote:
On zondag 4 september 2011 00:01:33 RĂ¼diger Meier wrote:
On Saturday 03 September 2011, Freek de Kruijf wrote:
On zaterdag 3 september 2011 20:47:51 Larry Finger wrote:
I did not try using tcpdump to see if the IP6 advertisements are
getting through.

I use wireshark and I see a Router advertisement coming in from the
router every 8 or 9 minutes. However my system is not using it,
otherwise I would have seen a Neighbour solicitation going out. Now I
only see a Neighbour solicitation coming in from the VirtualBox host.

Maybe you need something like this

ip -6 neigh add proxy ${IPV6_ADDR} dev eth0
ip -6 neigh add proxy ${IPV6_GATEWAY} dev ${TAP}

Where
IPV6_ADDR is the one from vm
IPV6_GATEWAY the host ip

I think somehow you can turn on global proxy rules per default. Could
be that this was the case in last milestone?

I did an installation of openSUSE 12.1 M3 in VirtualBox again and now I
immediately got 2 global IPv6 addresses, so it is unlikely to be a
problem in VirtualBox.

I compared all the settings in M3 and M5 in
/proc/sys/net/ipv6/conf/{all,default,eth0}/* and they all match except
for the hop_limit of eth0, M3 contained 255 and M5 contained 64.

So should I file a bug report? I will see what it does on my laptop
without VirtualBox.

My laptop has an ethernet and wifi interface and both receive 2 global IPv6
addresses. Strange is that the wifi interface does not receive a IPv4
address via DHCP4. I disabled DHCP6 for both interfaces. I entered a bug
report for the last problem.

The problem may be related to the following problem for which I think I have
seen a bug report.

# SuSEfirewall2
SuSEfirewall2: Setting up rules from /etc/sysconfig/SuSEfirewall2 ...
iptables-batch v1.4.12: Couldn't load target `input_''':No such file or
directory

Try `iptables-batch -h' or 'iptables-batch --help' for more information.
SuSEfirewall2: Error: iptables-batch failed, re-running using iptables
iptables v1.4.12: Couldn't load target `input_''':No such file or directory

Try `iptables -h' or 'iptables --help' for more information.
ip6tables-batch v1.4.12: Couldn't load target `input_''':No such file or
directory

Try `ip6tables-batch -h' or 'ip6tables-batch --help' for more information.
SuSEfirewall2: Error: ip6tables-batch failed, re-running using ip6tables
ip6tables v1.4.12: Couldn't load target `input_''':No such file or directory

Try `ip6tables -h' or 'ip6tables --help' for more information.
SuSEfirewall2: Firewall rules successfully set

I do not get these error messages on my laptop.

--
fr.gr.

Freek de Kruijf