Re: [opensuse-factory] syslog(-ng) and systemd
Le vendredi 19 août 2011 à 10:33 +0200, Peter Czanik a écrit :
Hello,

What is the current status of syslog(-ng) and systemd? I read in the
syslog-ng changelog, that:

"- Removed obsolete systemd integration patch, added to install syslog-ng
service file as forced in bnc#696963 even feature 311316 is not yet
implemented, that is, log rotation files do not work, chroot socket
config file is never generated when running under systemd.
"

I just prepared an updated package for syslog-ng, which updates the
package to syslog-ng 3.3 beta2. It works nicely with sysvinit. Should I
care about systemd, or the above problems are still not solved? I don't
see any progress reports at https://features.opensuse.org/311316

Werner is working on a systemd-generator which should take care of
systemd .service generation at startup for syslog-ng.

I'd say, don't worry for systemd right now.

--
Frederic Crozat <fcrozat@xxxxxxxx>
SUSE