Re: [opensuse-factory] Audio mixer
On Saturday, August 13, 2011 02:35:36 AM Werner LEMBERG wrote:
Just curious: Why does PulseAudio disable channels? Is this on
purpose? Is this a deficiency?

It is some Gnome mixer that told me that no control was enabled, so I enabled
all of them and they show up in that mixer. It seems that every mixer has its
own data sources (where it will pickup configuration) and that might be a
problem.

KMix is problem on its own. It works with ALSA directly (or it is over a
Phonon), but with PA it shows some amateurish, halfway functional interface.

Now I have PulseAudio (PA) installed for n-th time, manually adding just about
every package that answered on a search with "pulse" string, and it seems that
even with all tools, setup is going to be an efficient time killer :)

PA is choosing sources and sinks (output) on its own, and that is probably a
big problem when sink is device that exist, but it is not connected to
anything that will covert electrical signals to audible vibrations, like my
Nvidia HDMI audio built in a graphic card.

It is possible to shut down devices like that, but control is well hidden in
PA manager, just as about any other manual setting that should override a PA
auto detection generated misconception.

--
Regards,
Rajko