Re: [opensuse-factory] Audio mixer
On 13/08/11 16:42, Martin Schlander wrote:
Lørdag den 13. august 2011 04:55:03 skrev Juan Erbes:
The new version of Opensuse, will offer a decent audio mixer under KDE4?

I'm using SuSE, from the version 6.3, and in alll versions, the audio
mixer hate plenty controls, but now with Opensuse 11.4, the audio
mixer (kmix, or alsamixer), when I try to add more channels (the real
channels of the audio card), it fails to add channels, and with
proffessional audio cards like ESI waveterminal 192M, only I can hear
the right channel.

http://www.esi-audio.com/products/wt192m/
'setup-pulseaudio --disable' is the magic trick to solve most sound related
problems in this day and age.

If turning it off doesn't help, and you actually have any use for pulseaudio,
you can re-enable it again the same way.

Amen.

It is a rather a most unfortunate situation as some people consider that pulseaudio allows them to select and use multiple sources and outputs for their sound, which is fine.

But for most people, like the OP and myself and many, many others, pulseaudio is a PITA.

BC

--
"To know that we know what we know, and that we do not know what we do not know,
that is true knowledge."