Re: [opensuse-factory] systemd question on mounting drives
On 11 August 2011 10:30, Alin Marin Elena <alinm.elena@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
since yesterday morning I used the systemd as default on a real life system...
and I have to admit I am very content with it performance up to now.

I have observed that the biggest amount of time at boot time is taken by fsck
the mounted drives... is there a way to tell it to do that only once in a blue
moon boot rather than every boot?

The -c and -i options of tune2fs control how often a file system check
is forced. The defaults are normally set quite far apart so the checks
shouldn't happen at every reboot.

Check if your file systems get synced and unmounted properly when you
shutdown or reboot because fsck will run regardless if the shutdown
wasn't clean.

Regards
Arnold

--