Re: [opensuse-factory] Getting systemd to work on Factory
Le mardi 09 août 2011 à 10:54 +0200, Raymond Wooninck a écrit :
Since some days I am trying to get systemd to work on my system. I already
tried the packages from Factory and from Base:System, but both end up in
exactly the behaviour.

Systemd is booting the kernel and then to end up in a console login prompt.
After several minutes nothing is happening and strangely enough trying to
login also fails. The system is asking me for the password, but somehow the
shell is never started.

I don't know what happened as that a few months ago with one of the early
version of systemd, things were working as expected.

I guess that I am doing something wrong or that maybe a certain setting is
preventing systemd to work properly. I would appreciate any help on this
topic.

I think it is caused by NetworkManager detection in /etc/init.d/network
initscript which is not working properly when using systemd.

Try changing /etc/sysconfig/network/config NM_ONLINE_TIMEOUT value to 0.
It should workaround the issue until I fix it.

If not, please fill a bug report.
--
Frederic Crozat <fcrozat@xxxxxxxx>
SUSE