Re: [opensuse-factory] Tumbleweed KDE (Kmail)
On Thu, Aug 04, 2011 at 11:03:15PM +0700, medwinz wrote:
On Thu, Aug 4, 2011 at 10:42 PM, Greg KH <gregkh@xxxxxxx> wrote:
On Thu, Aug 04, 2011 at 10:24:19PM +0700, medwinz wrote:
On Thu, Aug 4, 2011 at 8:28 PM, Greg KH <gregkh@xxxxxxx> wrote:
On Thu, Aug 04, 2011 at 01:55:30PM +0700, medwinz wrote:
On Thu, Aug 4, 2011 at 12:18 PM, Greg KH <gregkh@xxxxxxx> wrote:
On Thu, Aug 04, 2011 at 07:05:16AM +0300, Vahis wrote:
I found it.
I played with snapshots and updated stuff incrementally, booting in
between.

It's gpg2, gpg2-lang or gpgme.

How do those packages keep x from starting up?

And why can't I duplicate it here?

totally confused.

Hi

From .xsession-errors from the user who cannot login to KDE I found

/etc/X11/xim: Checking whether an input method should be started.
sourcing /etc/sysconfig/language to get the value of INPUT_METHOD
INPUT_METHOD is not set or empty (no user selected input method).
Trying to start a default input method for the locale en_US.UTF-8 ...
There is no default input method for the current locale.
Dummy input method "none" (do not use any fancy input method by default)
/usr/bin/gpg-agent: relocation error: /usr/bin/gpg-agent: symbol
__assuan_socket, version LIBASSUAN_1.0 not defined in file
libassuan.so.0 with link time reference
.xsession-errors lines 1-7/7 (END)

Update the libassuan package, as zypper tells you it needs to, and all
should be fine here, right?

Maybe I missed something, but I'm sure I did "zypper dup --from
Tumbleweed".

Why the "--from" stuff?  That shouldn't be needed at all.

I manually update libassuan from Tumbleweed and now everything back to
normal.

You should have got it "automatically" what happened that it didn't get
pulled in?

still confused,

I have KDR47 enable, before i update I disabled that KDR repo.
With only Tumbleweed and Packman_Tumbleweed enable I did zypper dup,
my mistake to write it with --from Tumbleweed.

I didn't pay attention to libassuan, why it didn;t get pulled in,
until I read the .xsession-errors. Then I manually update that package
through yast.

But even then, if you do a simple 'zypper dup' it should have pulled in
libassuan, right? You should never have to manually install anything
when using Tumbleweed.

Oh, and also, I would strongly not recommend mixing any other repos with
Tumbleweed (like KDR47) as bad things could happen. You really are on
your own here, sorry.

greg k-h