Re: [opensuse-factory] Milestone3
On 20/07/11 23:17, Sid Boyce wrote:
On 20/07/11 10:38, Basil Chupin wrote:
On 20/07/11 17:14, Stephan Kulow wrote:
Hi,

It was close, but I published Milestone3 now. It's the first
with kernel 3.0, so celebrate :)

Greetings, Stephan

Are yo sure that it is kernel 3.0? See-

http://www.theinquirer.net/inquirer/news/2095102/linus-torvalds-delays-linux-launch-subtle-bug?WT.rss_f=&WT.rss_a=Linus+Torvalds+delays+Linux+3.0+launch+due+to+a+subtle+bug

BC

May be it's the naming, other distros do the same even for -rc kernels.
I've been running 3.0 since -rc1 and running 3.0-rc7-git4 with -git8 now building.
As Linus pointed out it's a difficult bug to reproduce and only one person reported it.
Since then -git7 and -git8 have been released with the fix.
Regards
Sid.

I guess that you are correct about the naming convention.

But to say that M3 has kernel 3.0 when Linus himself states publicly that he is not releasing it just yet creates the impression in people's mind that M3 contains a tainted and an unofficial kernel.

A bit of a PR nightmare......

BC

--
Paradise is like Hell and neither is too far from you because both are
creations of your mind and therefore both are already inside you.