[opensuse-factory] using suse build service -- supposedly easy -- doesn't work at all (can't even checkout a package or see avail distros)
Have had multiple people over the years suggest I get an account on
opensuse.org (have one), used to be on novell.com (maybe that's why
there's a prob, it got ported/grandfathered rather than running some new
account creation script?)

(note, I and install packages via zypper/yast just fine, so I know it's not
network settings).

Used the same Username/pw as I did to log into the website. (wiki,
bugzilla...etc)

Anyway, told to try the osc command...everything suppose to be
easy...nothing about creating a home dir...or such... but that's the
deal...the place where such would exist on the webserver has no dir.

So following the wiki instructions either don't work, (there is some
step I'm missing that I am not seeing pointers to go do) or it doesn't
work for old-timers who got ported from suse->opensuse...

How do I get this fixed?

Thanks!
-linda