Re: [opensuse-factory] Re: [opensuse-packaging] Package categorization
Le 30/06/2011 12:25, Rob OpenSuSE a écrit :
On 30 June 2011 09:24, jdd<jdd@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

isn't that what Pattern are used for? kde pattern, gnome pattern...

I think Patterns select a group of packages that tend to be used
together, like KDE4 Desktop, or LAMP server; which is a very different
purpose.

you can create any kind of pattern (AFAIk), and there are default selected package in pattern and also non default selected ones.

What I thought the OP is wanting is labelling of applications, so
someone can browse in other ways than RPM group.

I didn't use the rpm groups for several years, now, I mostly use search and patterns

That left me wondering what it actually did without the YaST summary :)

beaver - Beaver is an Early AdVanced EditoR

I found myself once with beaver in the context menu, used it an liked it, without having never installed it intentionnally :-)

Productivity->Text->Edfitors does not include the application. It was
installed as part of the LXDE pattern AFAIK of OS-11.3.

search for editor should show it. I installed nearly all (kde, gnome, lxde, xfce) patterns to demonstrate the openSUSE versalitity

the problem of your system tags is that this needs to be manually tagged. or is it possible in OBS to ask maintainers to clik in a tag list?

jdd

--
http://www.dodin.net
http://www.youtube.com/user/jdddodinorg