Re: [opensuse-factory] Factory versus Tumbleweed : kernel versions
On 05/23/2011 07:25 PM, John Andrews (swerdna) wrote:
On 05/24/2011 08:15 AM, Greg KH wrote:
On Mon, May 23, 2011 at 05:42:31PM -0400, Brian K. White wrote:
On 5/22/2011 10:34 AM, Greg KH wrote:
On Sun, May 22, 2011 at 11:37:31AM +0200, Bruno Friedmann wrote:
Why in Tumbleweed we have 2.6.39x and in Factory we have 2.6.38x ?

Shouldn't factory have the same or a bit in advance ?

It should, and it will catch up, I wanted to get .39 into Tumbleweed due
to it fixing a number of bugs that people were reporting.

thanks,

greg k-h

This would be one example item of many of what I mean when I say
things like "TW is not advisable, has no plan, is a great idea but
not well implemented etc..."

Since how does this show that Tumbleweed has no plan or is not will
implemented?

The fact that a bug is definitely in a current kernel, and
supposedly fixed in a newer kernel, or even if it's definitely fixed
in the newer kernel, does NOT make that kernel a suitable kernel for
a repo that you tell people is "stable".

Why do you feel not?

How well tested is this kernel before you put it into TW?

It was tested for 3 months.

It supposedly fixes this bug, but breaks what else?

It breaks nothing else. :)

It should have been in Factory or kotd or some repo that is used by
some people for some amount of time before it goes into TW, or else
you should take out the word stable from all TW documentation and