Re: [opensuse-factory] tumbleweed 2.6.38.6 needs patching else kernel oops
  • From: Greg Freemyer <greg.freemyer@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 14 May 2011 20:10:01 -0400
On Sat, May 14, 2011 at 1:11 PM, jdd <jdd@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Le 14/05/2011 18:48, Greg Freemyer a écrit :

I'm new to rolling updates, but if one of the eventual targets of
Tumbleweed is servers, there needs to be way to roll a consistent set
of updates to first a test server, and then to production servers.

I wouldn't use Tumblweed for servers, but evergreen (but may be I'm wrong)

From my understanding, a lot of people run Arch on servers because
they prefer a slow continuous upgrade process instead of a big upgrade
every year or two.

I don't know if the long term goal of Tumbleweed is to support that
model or not.

Greg