Re: [opensuse-factory] How to push GNOME 3 to Factory?
On Tue, Apr 26, 2011 at 10:39:31AM +0200, Vincent Untz wrote:
Hi,

Today, hopefully, we'll finish the review of GNOME 3 packages for G:F.
There's some integration work to do and patches to rebase (we filed bugs
for all of those), but I believe none of this should block a push to
Factory.

If the testing of G:F goes well this week, I'd like to do the push at
the end of the week.

I'd like to hear what people think is best to deal with this push, as it
will be a big push, that needs to be handled with some care:

+ some package have really a lot of changes, and it's painful to review
that (which is partly why it took so much time to review the changes)
+ there are some new packages we can't submit before the push because
they will cause issues in Factory (eg, providing a library that exist
in another package in Factory)
+ there are some new packages that are just the 2.x/3.x branches of
existing packages (gtkmm2 vs gtkmm3, for example)
+ we probably will need a rebuild of everything since it'll be hard to
push/accept packages in the best order in terms of build dependencies
+ if we need to freeze Factory soon (for a milestone, eg), we can't
have half of the packages accepted and the other half rejected

Do you have any opinion on what's best? Should we just push everything as
usual, or do you want us to take some extra care in some way?

As long as the build doesn't break, I say just push it all in as usual :)

thanks,

greg k-h