Re: [opensuse-factory] running factory?
On 04/22/2011 06:21 PM, jdd wrote:
Hello,

I would like to test Factory asap, to avoid the present untested multimedia
status of many apps, but I don't find how to do :-(

http://software.opensuse.org/developer?lang=fr

send to

and from there I don't really see how.

I suppose I can start from an 11.4 install and change the repositories to
factory, but do I have to remove all the 11.4 repos
and add what exactly? this one?

http://download.opensuse.org/factory/repo/

thanks
jdd

Be careful with testing multimedia, (I've just discuss about that with yaloki
on irc)
There's pretty much no application for high level (as you mainly do jdd) in
Essential which is the only one repo available for
Factory on packman.

But there's also all the others on OBS which will love to have love :-)

I'm using factory from pretty much one year now. If it works at 90%, 90% of the
time.
It can break, and being frustrating some days...

--

Bruno Friedmann
Ioda-Net Sàrl www.ioda-net.ch

openSUSE Member & Ambassador