Re: [opensuse-factory] Tumbleweed: /etc/zypp/vendors.d/tumbleweed
  • From: "Duncan Mac-Vicar P." <dmacvicar@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2011 13:28:47 +0200
On 04/18/2011 03:24 PM, Greg Freemyer wrote:
> And because dup is so powerful, I always use the "--from tumbleweed" option.

IF the policies and version conflicts allow for the vendor change to
be recommended for tumbleweed users in general, I think there is a net
benefit to the tumbleweed project.

But I don't know the answer to the IF part of the logic.

Greg

When I mentioned policies I meant the project policies, and not the local system policies.

If Tumbleweed allows for package renames, etc, which happen when you upgrade KDE's, Gnome's major versions, then no matter if you have a equivalent vendor local policy, zypper up will not suggest to uninstall a package to make place for a conflicting one: you still need dup.

--
Duncan Mac-Vicar P. - Novell® Making IT Work As One™