Re: NetworkManager 0.9 in Factory soon-ish (was Re: [opensuse-factory] openSUSE Tumbleweed status for the week of April 9, 2011)
Le jeudi 14 avril 2011, à 14:45 +0200, Markus Slopianka a écrit :
Am Mittwoch 13 April 2011, 08:50:22 schrieb Vincent Untz:

So anyone interesting in making sure their stuff still works with the
new NM (that includes KDE, obviously, but there might be other groups)
should look at the NM 0.9 packages in G:S:3.0. And please report
successes/failures so we know if it's okay to go ahead.

It broke everything here. KDE's Network Management did no longer function.
Not even
NM-Applet function any longer (something about no network device found).

It'd be helpful to have more information, like:

+ versions of all NetworkManager-related packages
+ exact error message

GNOME run neither
just giving the extremely helpful error message "Something went wrong".

Sorry if I wasn't clear -- the test only involves updating
NetworkManager, and not taking anything else from GNOME:STABLE:3.0. We
know the upgrade process to GNOME 3.0 right now is not smooth (you need
to do some things manually), which is why we haven't recommended this
repository for wide use yet.

Cheers,

Vincent

--