Re: [opensuse-factory] openSUSE Tumbleweed status for the week of April 9, 2011
On Sun, Apr 10, 2011 at 07:09:58PM +0200, Marcus Meissner wrote:
On Sun, Apr 10, 2011 at 05:47:03PM +0200, Jiri Slaby wrote:
Note that this may not rebuild things and break the system for some
weird cornercases. But everything should rpm-depend directly on packages
which it really depends on, so rebuild="direct" should be safe. I don't
remember any breakage in factory since this was turned on. And Factory
uses even more conservative "local" option -- rebuild a package if and
only if sources of the particular package change.

Such cases are fixed behind our backs usually. Coolo does much of selective
rebuild
triggers when necessary. Also factory has way more cycles than in previous
days now,
some quality drops were taken.

And transitive closure is an advantage for integrity ... :/

Tumbleweed however as a post-released product does not necessarily need it,
but
for some base changes it should be done at least once.

Yeah, for that reason I think I'll stick to the default we have now to
be on the "safe" side. Especially when we start updating libraries,
like we are now doing.

thanks,

greg k-h