Re: [opensuse-factory] Can you add a flash-player that is 64-bit
On 03/29/2011 11:41 AM, Andreas Jaeger wrote:
On Monday, March 28, 2011 19:34:36 Steven Sroka wrote:
On 28 March 2011 13:23, Roman Bysh <rbtc1@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hello all,

Is there a chance that some one can add a flash-player that is 64-bit
instead of 32-bit.

I'm running 64-bit. However, every time I ask Yast to install a
flash-player, I keep getting the i586 flash-player.

I downloaded the DVD_X86_64.

The 64bit version is still considered an Alpha release. It is formally
called Preview 3. So I doubt it will be added to openSUSE repos until
it is stable.

And as an Alpha I expect that we are not allowed to distribute it,

Andreas

which is bad, it's no more an alpha, it gain the pr state in november, but
unfortunately, like everything in Adobe world
they didn't update it. A war between them and M$ ? But anyway they will not
have a real choice, and will have to push it
outside. Let Mozilla deliver a FF4 64bits windows version, Then M$ IE9 and
adobe will follow. (months and years in late) :D

Anyway I'm using that one (flash is in fact always delivered with holes in it)
from last october (was pr1) in FF and 64bits on
factory
and I never get a crash due to that.
When I was using nsplugin-wrapper and the 32bits version, there's always
something not working, or crashing.

--

Bruno Friedmann
Ioda-Net Sàrl www.ioda-net.ch