Re: [opensuse-factory] mirrorbrain
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2011 06:35:24 +0200 (CEST)

On Friday, 2011-03-25 at 21:12 -0400, Felix Miata wrote:

I didn't ignore it his email. As you've obviously seen I responded to it. What I ignored was the marginally described attachment. Maybe at another time I _might_ have recognized his use of the word annex, but since in the 75+ US language email lists I've been on in more than a decade there is one standard

But Felix, this is not a "US language email list". This is an international mail list, used by a lot of people with English as first language and by a lot with different languages, all of them trying to communicate with a more or less common language. You have to make some leeway and try to guess the meaning, or ask - politely.

You overreacted. Text attachments of any kind are not dangerous on Linux, simply trust amavis. Perhaps you are reading with Outlook, which is known to be vulnerable to many types of attack :-P

- -- Cheers,
Carlos E. R.
(from 11.2 x86_64 "Emerald" at Telcontar)