Re: [opensuse-factory] tumbleweed wants to downgrade 8 packages?
On Wed, Mar 23, 2011 at 11:01:50AM +0000, Tejas Guruswamy wrote:
On 22/03/11 23:18, Greg KH wrote:
On Tue, Mar 22, 2011 at 11:06:46PM +0000, Tejas Guruswamy wrote:
On 22/03/11 22:16, Greg KH wrote:
I don't know how common it is for projects to have "multiple" parts like
this, do you?

Anyway, zypper handles everything properly, so it should be fine.

Unless someone knows how to artifically bump up the build number that
doesn't involve me rebuilding the package multiple times? :)
OBS starts the release number from the one specified in the spec
file, so if each package had "Release:"> its final 11.4 value,
that might work.
No, it overwrites the release number, try it and see :)
Hmm, I'm sure I read somewhere it should do this ... for example adrian here
http://lists.opensuse.org/opensuse-buildservice/2010-08/msg00117.html

In any case to link each package copying build numbers and checkin counts
look at bsynctag in package meta
and cicount in _link file.
see http://lists.opensuse.org/opensuse-buildservice/2009-12/msg00166.html
and example of glibc.i686 in openSUSE:Factory

Thanks, but we don't want "identical" cicounts, as that would only work
if we were referencing the same package (like we do on the kernels). We
want a "start at this value" which looks to be the "copy" value I think.

But again, this is not an issue usually, so I don't think it's a big
deal yet. It will be a potential issue if we start replacing libraries
and have to rebuild packages, so I'll keep it in mind for the future.

Or to do this globally, in the Tumbleweed project config, you could
redefine release from %checkin_count.%build_count to something like
tw.%ci_count.%build_count (tw for tumbleweed, like packman does,
though i've not tested if this would compare as desired).
Hm, I don't know if we want to mark the packages all with a "tw" but it
might make sense to.

Care to provide the line in the config that would do this?

thanks,

greg k-h
Defining Release: in the prjconf works
Release: <CI_CNT>.<B_CNT>.%%{?dist}

but still compares less than equivalent 11.4 release if the release is less
zypper versioncmp a-4.5-1.0.tw.i586.rpm a-4.5-1.1.i586.rpm
# a-4.5-1.0.tw.i586.rpm is older than a-4.5-1.1.i586.rpm

zypper versioncmp a-4.5-tw.1.0.i586.rpm a-4.5-1.1.i586.rpm
# a-4.5-tw.1.0.i586.rpm is older than a-4.5-1.1.i586.rpm

so if you want to do it this way maybe the only solution is to do
something like
Release: 100<CI_CNT>.<B_CNT>
which will have release numbers >1000, probably greater than
whatever is in 11.4.

Ick, yeah, I think I'll stay away from that :)

thanks,

greg k-h