[opensuse-factory] Two new packages looking for devel projects
Hi!
I have started looking at providing packages for several of the more
useful packages and libraries for numeric computation [1]. This would
hopefully fill a slight void that openSUSE still has with many of the
libraries, packages and applications for advanced scientific computation
not easily available/installable (this is strictly my opinion ;) ). The
eventual goal is to also push some of these packages to Factory.

To this end, I have packaged two c++ based libraries for fast numeric
computation, namely armadillo [2] and blitz [3]. A little description
about the packages:-

Armadillo:
1. is in active development (last release was today!)
2. is licensed as LGPLv3+
3. intended target audience is scientists and engineers

Blitz:
1. Though still in active development (last CVS checkin on
2011-03-04), it's last official release was in 2005.
2. packaged version is licensed as GPLv2 (CVS snapshot version has
moved to LGPLv3)
3. again, the intended target is scientists and engineers

As far as I know there are no security issues with either of these
packages. Both packages are in my home project at present [4], and I
have tested them to build and work.

I would be very grateful if someone could let me know what the right
devel project these two packages could be pushed to. I am thinking
devel:libraries:c_c++ but I am not sure.

Thanks
--
Atri

[1] http://www.oonumerics.org/oon/