Re: [opensuse-factory] tumbleweed wants to downgrade 8 packages?
On Tue, Mar 22, 2011 at 11:06:46PM +0000, Tejas Guruswamy wrote:
On 22/03/11 22:16, Greg KH wrote:
On Tue, Mar 22, 2011 at 06:03:02PM -0400, Greg Freemyer wrote:
Won't it happen anytime you (Greg KH) add a upgraded package to
tumbleweed that has non-upgraded sub-packages?

That's what triggered it for Samba's sub-package.

I would think that was rather common.
I don't know how common it is for projects to have "multiple" parts like
this, do you?

Anyway, zypper handles everything properly, so it should be fine.

Unless someone knows how to artifically bump up the build number that
doesn't involve me rebuilding the package multiple times? :)

thanks,

greg k-h
OBS starts the release number from the one specified in the spec
file, so if each package had "Release:" >= its final 11.4 value,
that might work.

No, it overwrites the release number, try it and see :)

Or to do this globally, in the Tumbleweed project config, you could
redefine release from %checkin_count.%build_count to something like
tw.%ci_count.%build_count (tw for tumbleweed, like packman does,
though i've not tested if this would compare as desired).

Hm, I don't know if we want to mark the packages all with a "tw" but it
might make sense to.

Care to provide the line in the config that would do this?

thanks,

greg k-h