Re: [opensuse-factory] Chromium as the default browser in the next release?
  • From: C <smaug42@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2011 15:09:15 +0100
On Tue, Mar 22, 2011 at 14:49, Marcus Meissner wrote:
On Tue, Mar 22, 2011 at 07:11:51PM +0530, Manu Gupta wrote:
Hi all,

Can we have chromium as the default browser in the next release?

My reasons being

1. Faster
2. Better support for HTML5 and CSS3
3. Excellent browser rendering capabilities
4. Appstore is as good as firefox's and getting better

The only issue I have is it creates multiple process

Just a suggestion

It is not even in the Distribution yet...

I still have issues with Chrome not working on some websites - for
example, some dropdown boxes don't work quite right (or at all on some
sites, especially if there is some js wizardry going on in the
background)... of course I can't provide an example right now :-P but
I do see it as a problem from time-to-time. Basically... although I
use Chrome, I still find cannot transition to it as a default browser
because things don't work 100% in it whereas in Firefox 3 and 4,
everything works well for me.

C.