Re: [opensuse-factory] Networkmanager & dhcp ipv6 not working
Quoting Bruno Friedmann <bruno@xxxxxxxxxxx>:

Hi All,

I need a confirmation before certainly filling a bug.

On a network with a working dhcpd6 server, if I use traditionnal method, my computer receive the reserved ipv6 and ipv4.
Once I put control by Networkmanager, I only get ipv4
mainly because only dhclient is launched and no dhclient6

/sbin/dhclient -d -4 -sf /usr/lib/NetworkManager/nm-dhcp-client.action -pf /var/run/dhclient-eth0.pid -lf
/var/lib/dhcp/dhclient-4c7af0a1-442c-4b75-ab52-e92d32e2e50f-eth0.lease -cf /var/run/nm-dhclient-eth0.conf eth0

Hi Bruno,

i'm having IPv6 capabilities at home as well and my NM correctly recieves V6 addresses.
What I had to do though was to 'enable' V6 for NM (edit the connections, select your connectiong, like Auto eth0, and on the IPV6 tab don't set it to ignore.

This helped on my system when I'm wired.. I still do have trouble though on the WIFI connection with V6 (did not further investigate on it yet)

Dominique