Re: [opensuse-factory] New policy proposal for Factory: Make source of tar balls trackable
  • From: Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2011 10:39:02 +0100
Am Montag, 21. März 2011, 10:38:11 schrieb Ralf Lang:
Am Montag, 21. März 2011, 10:00:01 schrieb Adrian Schröter:
Hi,

I like to propose a new policy for Factory regarding our package source
handling with the goal that our package sources are upgradable, modifyable
and trustable by any other developer.

Please find my proposal here:

http://lizards.opensuse.org/2011/03/21/policy-proposal-for-factory-make-sou
rce-of-tar-balls-trackable/

And please drop some comments as reply to this mail :)

thanks
adrian

A lot of sources want to be bzipped after download because they are big gzip
archives and rpmlint complains. How should I do this with your download
service?

Either we need to add an automatic recompression or we drop this policy (and
rpmlint check).

bye
adrian

--