Re: [opensuse-factory] New policy proposal for Factory: Make source of tar balls trackable
  • From: Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2011 10:23:17 +0100
Am Montag, 21. März 2011, 10:12:18 schrieb Vincent Untz:
Le lundi 21 mars 2011, à 10:00 +0100, Adrian Schröter a écrit :

Hi,

I like to propose a new policy for Factory regarding our package source
handling with
the goal that our package sources are upgradable, modifyable and trustable
by any
other developer.

If I read it right, this means we should stop recompressing tarballs
from .gz to .bz2. No issue with that, just need to update some scripts
to stop doing it ;-)

We could also add a an automatic from something to $policy recompression, if we
want to.
We just need to find a way to do this in a comparable way (no time stamps
inside), but
that should be possible.

But I think we can also just stop doing the recompressiong, the use case that
we need
to keep source medias small is not important anymore IMHO, because we just point
people to the src.rpm ftp tree these days and do not create CD/DVD medias
anymore.

bye
adrian

--