Re: [opensuse-factory] Can we see BTRFS as the default in the next version of openSUSE 11.5-12.0
On Saturday 19 March 2011 20:08:27 Peter Nikolic wrote:
1 it aint an Ext* file system always had problems with them
2 it's a lot newer so it's got to bet better

I hope you are joking about that. A file system always takes years to mature
to the point where it is reliable enough for serious data. btrfs doesn't even
have its basic feature set ready yet, never mind having it tested.

Get back to me in 2015, then we can talk about using btrfs for serious things

When reiserfs was new, it crashed, I lost data.
When xfs (for linux) was new, it crashed, I lost data.

reiserfs and (especially) xfs today are stable and reasonably reliable. It
will take a while for btrfs to reach that point, no matter how much we trust
the developers of it

Anders