Re: [opensuse-factory] Looking for a cmake guru
El 12/03/11 16:48, Dimstar / Dominique Leuenberger escribió:
Hi,

We have libproxy in Factory, which uses cmake as it's toolchain.
libproxy links against libmozjs, from xulrunner packages.

mozilla-js specified in its .pc file:
pkg-config --libs mozilla-js
-Wl,-rpath,/usr/lib64/xulrunner-2.0
-L/usr/lib64/xulrunner-devel-2.0b12/lib -lmozjs -lplds4 -lplc4 -lnspr4
-lpthread -ldl

So it does give an rpath to be used. Apparently though, this does not
make it through into the build shared object pacrunner_mozjs
(libproxy1-pacrunner-mozjs).

There IS an rpath, but it points
to /usr/lib64/xulrunner-devel-2.0b12/lib (the linking path of the lib).

Apparently this is the standard behavior of cmake.

But as you can imagine, this break with every smallest change in the xul
packages (update to b13, b14... final) even though it should not
(granted, sometimes/often it does, because the api/abi is not stable on
libmozjs anyway).

Does somebody see a trick on how to convince cmake to use/add the proper
rpath into the finally built shared object?

there is no sane trick against this crazy mozilla thing,other than
rebuilding and republishing the package every time there is a version
update.

Mozilla products do not provide any sort of sanity in their build
platform libraries, my only advice is to stay away from it if possible.