Re: [opensuse-factory] 11.5 vs. 12.0
On Fri, Mar 11, 2011 at 04:26:19PM -0500, Felix Miata wrote:
On 2011/03/11 11:46 (GMT-0800) Greg KH composed:

I reboot my desktop far more than my laptop due to kernel development,
so fast boot here is important.

Makes you sound like a developer, not a typical user. You only have
two systems?

Ah, if I only had 2 systems...

And yes, I am a developer, does that suddenly make me a person whom
openSUSE is not targeting? Other distros have been trying that, which
has caused no end of problems for them, and I do NOT want to see
openSUSE make that same mistake.

Are you able to use kexec to speed your booting? If
not, what's kexec really for?

I have no idea, I've never used kexec.

thanks,

greg k-h