Re: [opensuse-factory] 11.5 vs. 12.0
  • From: Carl-Daniel Hailfinger <c-d.hailfinger.devel.2006@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2011 21:26:33 +0100
Auf 11.03.2011 17:20, Kay Sievers schrieb:
That's what I *want*, not necessarily what I want to *do*. :)

use systemd instead of sysv

make sysconfig network optional and run services like networkmanager
from upstream shipped systemd service files, instead of weird config
options in /etc/sysconfig/. All that stuff should stay for servers, but
it should be optional and not be the default.

make gdm/kdm be started from systemd, and get rid of the mindless
sysconfig stuff that multiplexes all the things. /etc/init.d/xdm should
not be the default

Has the problem of systemd being slower than the current init system
been solved? The last speed test I saw was this one:
http://lizards.opensuse.org/2010/10/08/systemd-and-osc2010/

Regards,
Carl-Daniel