On Mon, Mar 07, 2011 at 08:24:39PM +0100, jdd wrote:
Le 07/03/2011 20:12, Greg KH a écrit :

I wonder what world users live in where they don't report problems and
yet expect them to still get resolved :)

Please file individual bugs for your unworking hardware and we will work
to resolve it.

I have often do and never seen any result. Including a kernel usb
leader that said that all works.

however, none of my cell phones works, none of my gps neither.

just now, I connected my samsung S cell phone. Only seen as image
medium, but not oppened by digikam (and it's a six month old device)

So the kernel is working properly, file a digikam bug please so it will
properly know to index your device.

I just connected my TomTom XL IQ Routes. Seen like a mass storage. How
can I download the map updates from Garmin?

Again, the kernel is working here, you just need to copy the proper
files to the device. I do that all the time with my Garmin device.

you and the kernel devs are not guilty!! only stop saying we are in a
brave new world...

So what should I say?

*I don't ask for an open source software solution* It's simply
impossible to acheive when any day dozen of devices come on the market.

We have to make lobbies, and in a more coordinated effort that was
previously (adnd Novell did a good job on the software side).

I'm *not* willing to make a list of the problems, but in the day of
facebook and tweet, we can do better against the makers

If you aren't willing to at least list the specific problems, and file
bugs, nothing will ever get fixed, sorry.

best of luck,

greg k-h