Re: [opensuse-factory] Re: Tumbleweed for 11.3 is now closed
On 07/03/11 18:25, Greg KH wrote:
On Mon, Mar 07, 2011 at 06:18:17PM +0100, Dave Cotton wrote:
On 07/03/11 17:51, Greg KH wrote:
On Mon, Mar 07, 2011 at 08:49:30AM -0800, Greg KH wrote:
On Mon, Mar 07, 2011 at 08:13:03AM -0800, Greg KH wrote:
Hi,

As the repos for 11.4 are now open for syncing from, I've disabled the
tumbleweed repo, and am redoing it for 11.4 at this moment.

So I recommend disabling your tumbleweed repo, updating to 11.4, and
then waiting until later today when the tumbleweed repo has been synced
up to 11.4 packages. I'll do an announcement when that happens as well.

Actually, disable tumbleweed _BEFORE_ updating to 11.4 seems like the
better idea, I just ran into problems with going from a direct
tumbleweed/11.3 release to 11.4, so I suggest not trying this if at all
possible.

Hm, this might not be a tumbleweed problem, others have hit this as
well:
https://bugzilla.novell.com/677425

Interesting. I've upgraded 3 machines from 11.3, one had Tumbleweed
installed.

On each machine I changed those repos that were available and
disabled the rest including Tumbleweed I did not do "zypper in
zypper" just "zypper dup" all systems seem to be OK.

Was this on a x86-64 machine, or a i386 machine?

2 x86_64 machines and 1 i386

DC