[opensuse-factory] Re: Tumbleweed for 11.3 is now closed
On Mon, Mar 07, 2011 at 08:13:03AM -0800, Greg KH wrote:
Hi,

As the repos for 11.4 are now open for syncing from, I've disabled the
tumbleweed repo, and am redoing it for 11.4 at this moment.

So I recommend disabling your tumbleweed repo, updating to 11.4, and
then waiting until later today when the tumbleweed repo has been synced
up to 11.4 packages. I'll do an announcement when that happens as well.

Actually, disable tumbleweed _BEFORE_ updating to 11.4 seems like the
better idea, I just ran into problems with going from a direct
tumbleweed/11.3 release to 11.4, so I suggest not trying this if at all
possible.

So, the proper steps seem to be:
- disable tumbleweed repos
- 'zypper dup' to clean out tumbleweed packages
- update repos to point to 11.4
- 'zypper dup' to update to 11.4
- add back tumbleweed repos when I say it's safe.

Thank goodness for virtual machine snapshots...

And everyone did remember that Tumbleweed on 11.3 was going to be in
"testing" mode, right? :)

thanks,

greg k-h