Re: [opensuse-factory] Tumbleweed status Feb 3, 2011
On 02/19/2011 04:24 AM, Stephan Kleine wrote:
On Friday February 18 2011 23:13:41 todd rme wrote:
Le 04/02/2011 20:05, jdd a écrit :
Le 04/02/2011 19:57, Stefan Seyfried a écrit :
Same procedure, once 11.5 comes out: remove 11.4 repos and add 11.5
=> zypper dup.

could it be possible to have a link "latest" or "current" to have the
repos changed automagically?

jdd

I would like something like this as well. One of the advantages I saw
for tumbleweed was to be able to just set up your repositories and
never have to touch them again. I know several people who refuse to
use openSUSE solely because they can't do this. So I think being able
to seamlessly upgrade to what amounts to a new openSUSE version
without needing to do anything more than your everyday updates would
be a huge benefit for tumbleweed.

This would make also my day, for sure :)

+1 - the reason that killed Tumbleweed for me was when you (Greg) announced
that you plan to always base it on whatever latest released distro instead of
making it a truly rolling one.

This hasn't "killed" it here, I can change repos if doing so will do it.
But I sure would like a system that stays current more easily.

My server is 11.2 and I'll need to change soon.
I'm still dreaming of getting it somehow into a rolling mode :)

Vahis
--
http://waxborg.servepics.com
openSUSE 11.4 RC 1 (x86_64)