Re: [opensuse-factory] Re: [opensuse-packaging] slv2 is still missing from factory although lv2core is in it's nearly useless without slv2 and I cannot enable LV2 support in anything.
On 02/18/2011 03:29 PM, Marcus Rueckert wrote:
On 2011-02-18 15:23:11 +0200, Dave Plater wrote:

I'm now confused, the packman package has the same name libslv2-9 now
I remember, I looked at the packman package and it provided libslv2-8
so I used the conflict to cause the openSUSE version to be installed
with the openSUSE devel package after I discovered that the packman
package remained installed when I installed the slv2 devel package. Of
course for building purposes only the openSUSE version will be
installed but even though 99% of the time it won't cause a problem the
package that was built against a particular library should use that
library at runtime.

The installation system gets confused by the pm in the packman release
number sometimes.

that is actually the reason why we have the shared library packaging
policy. so old libraries can remain installed so conflicts between
shared library packages are a no go in general.

darix

In this case the packman library is the same as the openSUSE library
they are both libslv2-9 and they both have the same contents except the
packman package also provides libslv2-8
so to prevent a mix of packman and openSUSE libslv2-9 packages I have
obsoleted libslv2-8.
If the packman libslv2-9 provides libslv2-8 then it is in conflict with
the shared library packaging policy. I will happily remove it though
because as I stated before it is only a slight possibility that it will
cause a problem in which case if it does then I can close the bug as
wontfix and refer the reporter to packman.

Shall I remove the obsoletes and resubmit?

Dave P