Re: [opensuse-factory] licence status
On 02/09/2011 02:12 AM, Joerg Schilling wrote:
Dave Plater <davejplater@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I am sorry to see that you seem to be very biased. Why do you attack me
of trying to have a fact based discussion?

You have put the license status of a major library in question. That is
an attack. You don't want me to attack you. I will slander and libel you
across the internet and press, believe me I have nothing except a very
creative imagination and afaic all is fair in love and war. This will be

People like you are reponsible for demolishing the credibility of the Linux
community. I am not willing to start a speudo discussion with people who just
like to attack me, so this is an EOD for me. In case you don't understant
you did: You ruined your credibility with personal attacks.

For others: I am always open for fact based discussions but I will ignore a
"discussion" in case people try to treat facts similar to personal attacks.

Back to facts: maintainers of "major" libraries like libcdio that ignore the
Copyright law need to be prepared that their libraries cannot be used any
longer. Sun as a major GNOME contributor did inform people about the problems
with libcdio and there is a legal way to replace libcdio: use instead.

It is based on cdda2wav, it has been written by Brian Cameron and me and it
even gives better DAE quality than libcdio.

And it's license is?
Dave P