Re: [opensuse-factory] licence status
On 02/09/2011 02:12 AM, Joerg Schilling wrote:
Dave Plater <davejplater@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I am sorry to see that you seem to be very biased. Why do you attack me
instead
of trying to have a fact based discussion?

You have put the license status of a major library in question. That is
an attack. You don't want me to attack you. I will slander and libel you
across the internet and press, believe me I have nothing except a very
creative imagination and afaic all is fair in love and war. This will be
war.

People like you are reponsible for demolishing the credibility of the Linux
community. I am not willing to start a speudo discussion with people who just
like to attack me, so this is an EOD for me. In case you don't understant
what
you did: You ruined your credibility with personal attacks.

For others: I am always open for fact based discussions but I will ignore a
"discussion" in case people try to treat facts similar to personal attacks.

Back to facts: maintainers of "major" libraries like libcdio that ignore the
Copyright law need to be prepared that their libraries cannot be used any
longer. Sun as a major GNOME contributor did inform people about the problems
with libcdio and there is a legal way to replace libcdio: use
libgstcdda2wav.so instead.

It is based on cdda2wav, it has been written by Brian Cameron and me and it
even gives better DAE quality than libcdio.

Jörg

And it's license is?
Dave P