Re: [opensuse-factory] licence status
Hello,

on Montag, 7. Februar 2011, Juergen Weigert wrote:
On Feb 05, 11 18:19:59 +0100, Christian Boltz wrote:
@jw:
My initial question to you was "should the naming scheme as shown
on http://license.opensuse.org/?w=1 be the preferred version for
the License: tag?" - but now I see that you have both "GPLv2+" and
"GPL 2.0 or later" in this list.

Yes. licenses.o.o should distinguish between a canonical name, and an
alias.

AFAIK there are already some aliases defined - so this means someone
would "only" need to cleanup the (I guess) database to point to a common
canonical name.

I tend to ask you to do this yourself because errors in this area could
have a big legal impact. (Maybe I can help you by asking "is foo and bar
the same?", but I'm not going to answer that question myself.)

BTW: it would be nice to make the URLs offered in the license
details (after clicking the "Analyze" button) clickable...

It does for X11 MIT, but does not for most of the others.
... it needs some love...
I'd need a volunteer to help me with this.
The framework is a hand-coded HTML generator. This should be replaced
by something maintainable, too.

This leads to the questions
- which programming language?
- is the source in a public SVN/git/whatever repo? (including a
database dump to allow testing)?
- bonus question: do "hand-coded HTML generator" and "something
maintainable" really conflict? ;-) (probably depends on the coding
style...)

Note that these are only questions, no promises ;-))

Regards,

Christian Boltz
--
[how to name installation sources / repositories / catalogs / channels]
I add mine, +1 for repository.