Re: [opensuse-factory] licence status
Le 06/02/2011 14:21, Dave Plater a écrit :
On 02/06/2011 11:17 AM, jdd wrote:

do you have a wiki page (or any other widely accessable page
explaining that?)

The only contributing to wiki pages I have time for is adding missing

I didn't speak of you having to make a page, but somebody else could
already have done. I mean a page that explains what is required for
openSUSE (like you did in the mail)

information and being fluent in english in many different languages :-)

I'm not as good as you are, far from it !

That's what the GPL is for, backed by an organisation that is populated
by people that believe in a common cause and (well they should be
dethroned if they do) not in it for ego or financial gain.

the copyleft part of GPL is very strong, and I can understand some
people can't afford to use it (let alone because they work for a
salary in the IT world and vhave to acknowledge they employer.

I lready had several encounters with RMS and like him very much, but I
don't always agreed with him.

still my own opinion have little importance, suffice to see the number
of used licences to imagine they are much too numerous...

jdd

--
http://www.dodin.net
http://pizzanetti.fr