Re: [opensuse-factory] licence status
Le 06/02/2011 09:45, Dave Plater a écrit :

The problem is that openSUSE have strict rules for the license field

I didn't even know about licence.opensuse.org :-(, it's a great page
for our use.

which have to be adhered to for packages in the main distribution and
unsuspecting budding packagers may run up against them by putting the
wrong information in the license field after using the spec file as an
example.

do you have a wiki page (or any other widely accessable page
explaining that?)

reducing the amount of licence is a goal everybody should share :-)
even if it's not to be reached anytime soon :-(

except for the WTFPL which is for developers who are sick of all this
licensing *@#&%, are either throwbacks from the past or attempts to have
one foot in the commercial world and one foot in opensource.

we don't have to underestimate the licence problem. Licence is what
makes the free software/open source world free, if not, do you think
the multibillion cash vailable on MS side wont have cut our work down?

However, making opensource software for a living is pretty difficult
so we have to understand all the ways any of us uses to try to achieve
this.

The work on licences is only done for that.

jdd

--
http://www.dodin.net
http://pizzanetti.fr