Re: [opensuse-factory] Tumbleweed status Feb 3, 2011
On Sat, Feb 05, 2011 at 01:51:57PM +0200, Vahis wrote:
On 02/03/2011 06:55 PM, Greg KH wrote:
Here's a short note as to the status of some recent activity in the
openSUSE:Tumbleweed repo:

- kernel packages finally got updated to the latest .37 release thanks
to some preload package help. If there are any problems with this,
please file bugs, as these will also affect the 11.4 release

I'm not quite sure about this but here's an observation, with LXDE:
This sympton came with Tumbleweed, I think kernel change did it.

The kernel has been updated a few times. After a change it could be that
when the screen saver got activated and later the screen got blanked it
just stayed that way, no matter what.

There was no other way than power button or Sysrq killing x.
Some version of kernel didn't have that, the current again has it.

My cure or workaround, from terminal, has been:

xset s noblank

It also works when I add that to /etc/xdg/lxsession/LXDE/autostart

Does my observation make any sense?

Kind of, it seems quite odd that the kernel would matter here.

Are you using the Intel 3d graphics module?

Anyway, please file a bug, that's the best way to get this resolved.

thanks,

greg k-h