Re: [opensuse-factory] accepted licences
On Wednesday 02 Feb 2011 18:40:12 jdd wrote:
Le 02/02/2011 16:38, Martin Schlander a écrit :
Don't forget that not only licences need to be considered. Other
("legal") issues can block packages too (e.g. patents and other
weirdness).

yes, but this is not something we can do much about :-(

the page

http://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Build_Service_application_blacklist

quoted by juergen is nearly perfect,

I work on a new page here:

http://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Accepted_licences

Thanks for getting this moving. Would it be helpful to have an exhaustive list
of licenses which we classify as 'acceptable', so that a packager could
quickly search through the list to determine whether it's worthwhile packaging
software which won't be accepted in Factory?

Ciaran

--
Ciaran Farrell __o
cfarrell@xxxxxxx _`\<,_