Re: [opensuse-factory] Proposal for gstreamer
On 01/31/2011 11:21 AM, Ludwig Nussel wrote:
Dave Plater wrote:

My proposal is take gstreamer out of multimedia and (I see GNOME:Factory
already has it) move it to where somebody cares about it in kde.

You could also found a new, separate devel project that only contains the
gstreamer components.

cu
Ludwig

Yesterday evening I broke my reading glasses they are 1.75x and had to
wear a pair of 3x glasses that I use for fine electronic work and they
give me a headache. I went through gstreamer for the first time and
almost all it's dependencies are in multimedia:libs so there it stays,
gst-rstp should move to kde4 where it's cousins python-gstreamer live
and an up to date gstreamer should normally be found.
When I've composed a story for why lv2core and slv2 should go to factory
and sent them on their way I'll put in a move devel request for gst-rstp.

Dave P