Re: [opensuse-factory] Who want systemd as the default for openSUSE 11.4
On 01/28/2011 02:48 PM, Bruno Friedmann wrote:
On 01/28/2011 08:27 PM, Jeff Mahoney wrote:

On Jan 28, 2011, at 1:56 PM, Roman Bysh <rbtc1@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On 01/28/2011 12:55 PM, Felix Miata wrote:

On 2011/01/28 12:35 (GMT-0500) Roman Bysh composed:

Have we heard it right? Is systemd not being implemented for openSUSE

If not, I vote on having systemd as our default setting.

It's still an unruly teenager. It needs to mature first before it gets
my vote. KMS made a mess out of 11.3.

Do you think it will mature enough for 11.5?

I believe so. I'd also like to see Plymouth integration completed at the
same time. My betterbooting subproject has a start on it.

I think as soon as factory becomes 11.4, we should merge systems into
factory as the default.

Jeff Mahoney

If only it can work, I've just retry to reboot with systemd, and get a total
failure with
not network, no console kit running socket so kde doesn't open,
and as we don't have (yet?) a console (did we say how much we love having
tty) no way to run correctly.

After having installed xfce I can log in it, and just saved a systemdctl dump
dot snapshot in case of debug.
There was also a trouble if you install systemd and systemd-sysinit at
install time, the kexec reboot fail and install fail too.

One things that need to be updated is the wiki page about systemd ( and the
review applied )

So we need time and attention to make it working absolutely right.

Although, I'm really looking forward to integrating plymouth with
systemd. But, I must agree with Bruno.
We still have a lot of things to work on with openSUSE's system and the
integration of systemd.

It's getting there. But, I don't think we'll see anything really stable
until 11.5.

openSUSE 11.3
""; #179293