Re: [opensuse-factory] Who want systemd as the default for openSUSE 11.4
On 01/28/2011 02:48 PM, Bruno Friedmann wrote:
On 01/28/2011 08:27 PM, Jeff Mahoney wrote:

On Jan 28, 2011, at 1:56 PM, Roman Bysh <rbtc1@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On 01/28/2011 12:55 PM, Felix Miata wrote:

On 2011/01/28 12:35 (GMT-0500) Roman Bysh composed:

Have we heard it right? Is systemd not being implemented for openSUSE
11.4?

If not, I vote on having systemd as our default setting.

It's still an unruly teenager. It needs to mature first before it gets
my vote. KMS made a mess out of 11.3.

Do you think it will mature enough for 11.5?

I believe so. I'd also like to see Plymouth integration completed at the
same time. My betterbooting subproject has a start on it.

I think as soon as factory becomes 11.4, we should merge systems into
factory as the default.

-Jeff

--
Jeff Mahoney

If only it can work, I've just retry to reboot with systemd, and get a total
failure with
not network, no console kit running socket so kde doesn't open,
and as we don't have (yet?) a console (did we say how much we love having
tty) no way to run correctly.

After having installed xfce I can log in it, and just saved a systemdctl dump
dot snapshot in case of debug.
There was also a trouble if you install systemd and systemd-sysinit at
install time, the kexec reboot fail and install fail too.

One things that need to be updated is the wiki page about systemd ( and the
review applied )

So we need time and attention to make it working absolutely right.

Although, I'm really looking forward to integrating plymouth with
systemd. But, I must agree with Bruno.
We still have a lot of things to work on with openSUSE's system and the
integration of systemd.

It's getting there. But, I don't think we'll see anything really stable
until 11.5.

--
Cheers!

Roman