Re: [opensuse-factory] Who want systemd as the default for openSUSE 11.4
On 01/28/2011 08:27 PM, Jeff Mahoney wrote:
On Jan 28, 2011, at 1:56 PM, Roman Bysh <rbtc1@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On 01/28/2011 12:55 PM, Felix Miata wrote:
On 2011/01/28 12:35 (GMT-0500) Roman Bysh composed:

Have we heard it right? Is systemd not being implemented for openSUSE

If not, I vote on having systemd as our default setting.

It's still an unruly teenager. It needs to mature first before it gets
my vote. KMS made a mess out of 11.3.
Do you think it will mature enough for 11.5?

I believe so. I'd also like to see Plymouth integration completed at the same
time. My betterbooting subproject has a start on it.

I think as soon as factory becomes 11.4, we should merge systems into factory
as the default.

Jeff Mahoney

If only it can work, I've just retry to reboot with systemd, and get a total
failure with
not network, no console kit running socket so kde doesn't open,
and as we don't have (yet?) a console (did we say how much we love having tty)
no way to run correctly.

After having installed xfce I can log in it, and just saved a systemdctl dump
dot snapshot in case of debug.
There was also a trouble if you install systemd and systemd-sysinit at install
time, the kexec reboot fail and install fail too.

One things that need to be updated is the wiki page about systemd ( and the
review applied )

So we need time and attention to make it working absolutely right.

Bruno Friedmann
Ioda-Net Sàrl

openSUSE Member & Ambassador
GPG KEY : D5C9B751C4653227