Re: [opensuse-factory] Palm Pilot device
On 01/22/2011 01:49 PM, Adam Tauno Williams wrote:
On Sat, 2011-01-22 at 06:27 -0600, Donn Washburn wrote:
On 01/21/2011 11:35 PM, Greg KH wrote:
On Sat, Jan 22, 2011 at 12:19:03AM -0600, Donn Washburn wrote:
I have a Palm Pilot Tungsten C which is a USB device. I have
"visor" according to "lsmod". I have looed at lsusb and it is not
seen. I suspect a /dev naming problem.
I have written a /etc/udev/rules.d file and plugged it in. Problem
is lsub and hwinfo --usb do not see it.
Has anyone on the list got a similar one to work?
Use the pilot-link packages to talk to the device, it should be able to
find it just fine.
If you have problems, ask on the pilot-link lists, they can hep out out.
Hope this helps,
Pilot-link is already installed according to "zypper in pilot-link".
And visor is up but the device is still not found. I even tried a
different kernel to check if visor was a problem
The Palm Pilot / pilot-link support is very buggy and version specific
(version of the Palm device an Palm OS). If you simply want to export
data [and not repeatedly sync] it is easier to use one of the USB volume
managers or on-device file managers to export the DBA files and extract
the data off the device in delimited text or vCard files.

I don't know how helpful the pilot-link list will be; I was there for a
long time and when I left it was essentially moribund.

Every thing used to work 10.# back. I lost my home made udev rules file. Also pilot-link (as long as usb was specified) it always worked and jpilot was a bit tricky spotting the devices but it did work.

I started on that back when it was download only and USB was still /dev/ttyUSB#. All of the headaches started about the time udev/rules started.

--
73 de Donn Washburn
307 Savoy Street Email:" n5xwb@xxxxxxxxxxx "