Re: [opensuse-factory] factory-tested status
Le dimanche 09 janvier 2011, à 23:08 +0100, Bernhard M. Wiedemann a écrit :
The extra-repo testing so far had turned up a segfault in
KDE-Playground's amarok that already got fixed
and a more complicated problem in GNOME-devel's gdm concerning
VT-allocation and Xorg.

Part of this is a bug in Xorg that was eating 100% of the CPU, and after
some more investigation, the fix is now submitted (sr#57731).

But that's not the full fix. Since gdm lets Xorg decides on which vt to
start, Xorg chooses the first free one. And since Xorg is started before
the end of the boot process, and before init starts the mingetty
processes, we end up with Xorg on vt2. And a bit later, a mingetty is
started on tty2 (following what's in /etc/inittab).

The issue is that whatever you type in X is then also sent to mingetty,
and you can see failed attempts to login in /var/log/messages.

(Note: it works fine with systemd)

I'm not sure what's the proper fix here: should init check there's
nothing on tty2 before starting mingetty there? Or should we just force
Xorg to start on vt7 anyway?

Cheers,

Vincent

--